It’s been a great year for gaming. Halo 4, Assassin’s Creed 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2… The list goes on and on! If you were planning to hang up the console controller for a break in early 2013 however you should think again. Game developers across the world are hard at work to keep the year packed full of exciting new titles to keep us occupied. With so many releases slated for the spring of next year we don’t doubt that there will be some missing from this list, but here’s a starting point to help you decide what to save your Christmas money for.
Grand Theft Auto V (ETA March)
Prepare to take to the open world streets once again with the latest Grand Theft Auto game created by Rockstar Games. This is dubbed to be the biggest game in the franchise to date, and though you can certainly expect plenty of the usual action on the streets on the fictional Los Santos, we’re also excited to find out more about the three protagonists that you’ll be playing as throughout the course of the single-player story.
Tomb Raider (ETA March)
Tomb Raider games have been a bit hit and miss over the years, but this latest addition to the franchise looks interesting. Developer Crystal Dynamics is determined to breathe life into the old series, by taking us back into the dark and mysterious past of Lara Croft. This is going to be a gritty tale and should be an action packed experience to keep us playing for many an hour.
Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance (ETA February)
It might be part of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, but Revengeance looks set to be a completely different animal. This game looked set to be cancelled during its development, but instead developer Platinum Games stepped in to revolutionize the gameplay and make this a series worth revisiting. Revengeance will be a pure action game, filled with plenty of katana-wielding ferocity.
Metro: Last Light (ETA March)
Initially due out in the summer of 2012, this post-apocalyptic action game from developer 4A Games has run into significant delays. It’s still one to watch out for however, as a blend of action and survival horror could make this a game that has you on the edge of your seat from start to finish, especially if the highly viewed live action trailer is anything to go by.
Gears of War: Judgment (ETA March)
Gears of War? A trilogy? Of course not! Microsoft was hardly likely to ditch one of its bestselling console titles so easily. Gears of War: Judgement will be taking us back in time and introducing us to some of our favorite characters at an earlier time in the Locust war. From games that were purely about defeating your foes in the most gory and imaginative ways possible, the latest Gears of War title did make an effort to introduce more of a story, so it’ll be interesting to see where this character progression goes.
DmC: Devil May Cry (ETA January)
If hack and slash is your thing then the early year launch of the rebranded DmC: Devil May Cry is one for you. This is a game set in a parallel universe to the former titles in the franchise, but with plenty of combo attacks to deal to the various demonic foes that you’ll face there should be lots of button-mashing action to enjoy here.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (ETA March)
It’s another great release provisionally slated for March. Splinter Cell: Blacklist will follow the usual premise of the franchise, allowing you to sneak, snipe and shoot your way through the single player missions. This game will follow in the footsteps of Splinter Cell: Conviction, with the newly formed Fourth Echelon your home now as Sam Fisher, you’ll embark on an assortment of no-doubt incredibly crafted missions to take down a Blacklist of terrorists. So there we have it, just a few of the games scheduled for the early part of 2013. There will undoubtedly be additional releases to taunt you and clear your wallet of funds, so now is the time to start saving!
Article by - Rebecca Waterman
Insert Date: 11/30/2012
Discuss Xbox One games on our forums!
- WWE 2K14: What To Expect On The Xbox One
- Star Wars 1313: Step Away from the Lightsaber!
- The Best Bits of 2012 - Top Titles of the Year
- WWE 13 Review - Recapturing the Attitude of Wrestling
- Panzer Dragoon: Can It Rise On The Xbox One?
- Dishonored 2 On The Xbox One
- The Future of Fable’s Fantasy
- The Resident Evil That's Made Its Home in Our Hearts
- Super Hero Games We Need On The Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 – To Be or Not to Be
- Forza 5 and Beyond - What Next for Microsoft's Motoring Monster?
- Next Generation Batman On The Xbox One
- Will We Ever See the Final Final Fantasy?
- Exploring Assassin's Creed - What Will the Future Hold?
- Will RARE Ever Bring These Games Back?
- The Future of Tomb Raider
- The Future of The Elder Scrolls
- The Future of Portal (Portal 3)
- Thoughts on Star Wars Kinect Game
- The Future of Mass Effect (Mass Effect 4)
- The Future of Call of Duty (CoD)
- What Next For the Gears of War Series?
- The Future of GTA
- The Future of Halo
- Review: Shenmue 3 for Xbox One: Will it ever be?!
- What Can We Expect from Early Xbox One Games?